We’re delighted to announce that Anthony Buchanan’s autobiography, The Buck Props Here!, has been included on the 2022 Sports Book Awards shortlist.
The Sports Book Awards, in association with The Sunday Times, is the major annual promotion for sports writing and publishing. The awards exist to highlight the most outstanding sports books of the previous calendar year to showcase their merits and to enhance their reputation and profile.
The 2022 categories will include The Pinsent Masons Best Sports Writing Award, The Arbuthnot Latham Rugby Book of the Year, The Fitzdares International Autobiography of the Year, The Heartaches’ Cricket Book of the Year sponsored by Sir Tim Rice, the iPRO Hydrate Sports Performance Book of the Year and the Children’s Sports Book of the Year in partnership with the National Literacy Trust.
The fascinating account of Buchanan’s rugby life has been named alongside five other titles in the Arbuthnot Latham Rugby Book of the Year shortlist.
Arbuthnot Latham Rugby Book of the Year, in association with The Rugby Union Writers’ Club
- The Buck Props Here!, Anthony Buchanan with Geraint Thomas (Y Lolfa)
- Fight Or Flight, Keith Earls with Tommy Conlon (Reach Sport)
- Centre Stage, Jamie Roberts and Ross Harries (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Crossing The Line, Willie Anderson with Brendan Fanning (Reach Sport)
- The Flying Prince, Hugh Godwin (Hodder & Stoughton)
- This is Your Everest, Tom English & Peter Burns (Polaris Publishing)
To see the full list of books shortlisted for the 2022 Sports Book awards, click here