2012/2013 Principality Premiership
Llanelli 29 v 3 Bridgend
23 November 2012 - Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
Bridgend Ravens

Match Report

Second Half revival

Bridgend came in search of a Principality Premiership 'double' victory and for the first 35 minutes it looked very much they were going to achieve it.

Against the run of play Llanelli outside half Owen Williams opened the scoring with a penalty and although the Ravens were doing most of the attacking it was again the formidable Llanelli defence that was key. 

Bridgend's Jamie Murphy kicked the equalising penalty on 30 mins, only for outstanding Llanelli captain Craig Hawkins to score a well worked try off a 5 metre line out seven minutes later.

Deep into injury, more Llanelli pressure resulted in another penalty in front of the posts which Owen Williams kicked to go in on half time 11-3 up.

Whatever was said in the halftime talk certainly worked, as the home team totally took charge of the game. Owen Williams kicked his third penalty before being blood substituted with Diggy Bird.

Diggy was on fire and soon extended the lead to 17-3 with a simple penalty and then set  up a great counter attack from inside his half which resulted in replacement scrum half Aled Davies  taking the scoring pass from Johnny Lewis.

When Bridgend were reduced to 13 men when Steve Winn (56min ) and Adam Hillier-Rees (57) were yellow carded for professional fouls in the red zone, it looked odds on Llanelli would capitailise . 

But a couple of easy push over try chances were squandered and Bridgend returned to their full compliment without conceding a point.

With a couple of minutes remaining another fine counter attack saw Johnny Lewis this time put his Waunarwydd buddy Nathan Hart over for his first Principality Premiership try which Owen converted.

The Llanelli RFC  "Arian Financial Services http://www.arianfinance.co.uk ' Man of the match was hooker Craig Hawkins.

Llanelli RFC 29 - 3 Bridgend Ravens 

Ref Neil Perkins

Official : Neil Perkins (Wales)

Llanelli Bridgend